Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What is and what should never be

So strange to see you like that again. There, in front of me just as you were at the time in the light from the fountain. I've thought of you since, but I'd forgotten that particular image and I can all but taste the smoke rolling off of you. Eyes sleepily open behind a haze of black, knotted hair. I was such a child and twelve years older than me you managed likewise. So much seeking, so much destroying. Inspiration, the cracking of all my young ideals. Regret, yes, for so long. The only thing I would take back, only that isn't so true anymore. Even that which is hideous, it is still MINE. That place, that stare, your hands folded neatly in your lap...it belongs to me. You have crossed my mind a ghost, for the first time in ten years I missed you.

No comments: